Thursday 20 November 2008

You can't start a fire worrying about your little world falling apart...

So our first post is an extension of Gumtree. That is PR. Perhaps I should also upload my CV and start making a big noise about me, me, me. Anyone else got something to sell? Get on board.

I thought that the first entry was going to read "Why work when you can blog" (D is now taking care of this entry) or something to that extent...so instead we will have the wise words of Bruce Springsteen...in times of crisis he is as good a person as any to turn to (he worked his magic on Barack Obama, so he can do the same for me).

In advance i think it might be wise to say sorry, as what will follow will probably be quite downbeat...its been a fucking odd week and a bit. The result being that I am now whoring myself out to various recruitment agents...who refer to you not as a person or a client but as a candidate. I am not a fucking candidate, i am a person you fucking tits. I regard recruitment agents very much the same as i do estate agents, they are a necessity but should be avoided at all costs. They are all cocks. Yesterday i went to meet one who kicked my ass for an hour and a half. I didn't really want that. I wanted someone to be nice to me and tell me i was alright. Her first thoughts about me were: he is sharp...he is vain. I am both of these things. But that isn't insight that is just fact.

Remember PR is image. Image and lying.

She also told me that i had started to believe my own hype. Well know one else is believing are they so some ones got to (Obama believed...he's all about believing). I think what she didn't pick up on is that I'm not believing my own hype one bit...hence my downbeat nature. So i suppose i got a way with a lie. I'm pretty much there then. Image and lies.

Anyway to end this post i will take my cue from the first one...if you know anyone who would like a (PR) gun for hire (has the look, will lie), get in touch.

No comments: